Don Lemon assault case dropped by prosecutor

The man who accused CNN’s Don Lemon of assaulting him at a Sag Harbor bar three years ago has dropped his lawsuit.

“After much internal reflection and a deep dive into my memories, I have come to realize that my memories of the events that transpired on the night in question when I first met CNN host Don Lemon were not what I remembered.” thought when I was filed this lawsuit,” plaintiff Dustin Hice said in a statement.

Hice’s 2019 filing alleged that Lemon, 56, displayed a pattern of “aggression and hostility.”

He claimed in his suit that Lemon slipped his hand down his own pants, rubbed his privates, and then shoved his fingers up Hice’s face.

Hice also went on The Megan Kelly Show late last year and commented that the alleged behavior could be part of a “pattern.”

On March 23, US Judge Thomas Locke ruled that Hice was due to pay Lemon $77,000 in attorneys’ fees by the deadline for destroying or at least tampering with evidence and attempting to bribe witnesses.

Lemon’s attorney, Caroline Polisi, released a statement after Hice retracted his claims that the case was “a blatant cash robbery from the start.”

“This has been a long and difficult journey for Don,” the statement said. “Out of respect for the trial and my advice, he has had to remain silent in the face of a malicious and vulgar attack on his character.”

“Unfortunately, as a black gay man, he has had to deal with such attacks in the media for quite some time,” Polisi added.

Lemon’s attorney said the CNN host is looking forward to moving on with his life.

Leave a Comment